Makhana badaam gur mixture recipe
If you are a caramel popcorn lover and wish to eat it often then this recipe is for you. In our version, we are using Makhana (Foxnut) along with Badaam (Almonds) instead of popcorn and Gur (Jaggery) is our caramelizing agent. This snack not just satisfy your hunger pangs but also provide your body with enough energy and protein. The ingredients used to prepare this snack are super healthy for the body and can serve as a great evening/morning snack. The almonds are roasted while the Makhana is tossed in Salt and Ghee to give it a unique taste. The mixture is later mixed with sunflower seeds and Jaggery, and roasted again to make it crunchy. They say that it tastes awesome with Fresh Fig & Strawberry shake and Banana smoothie. Doesn’t that sound great already?
- Take a mixing bowl, combine the makhanas along with the salt and ghee and toss it well. Make sure that all the makhanas are evenly coated.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Allow them to roast for a good 15-18 minutes on the baking tray to turn them crispy.
- Take out the mixture from the oven and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Now, roast the almonds for 10-12 minutes in the same tray and when roasted, mix into the same the bowl as the makhanas.
- Add in the sunflower seeds and jaggery to the Badaam & Makhana mixture and give it a good mix.
- Now, again flash bake the ready mixture for good 5-7 minutes, at 200 degree Celsius. This process is done to melt the Jaggery.
- Allow the mixture to cool down after the baking process and let it dry well so that there is no stickiness left.
- Once the mixture is cooled up and dry, transfer it to an airtight container
- Serve Makhana Badaam Mixture/ Trail Mix.
You can also add different flavours to your Badaam – Makhana mixture by simply using flavoured Jaggery, while we suggest sticking to the regular unflavoured Jaggery by Bebe Foods because it is totally chemical-free and has a great taste of the doab land of the Uttar Pradesh’s northern region. If a good Jaggery option is not available at your nearby store then you can order Bebe Jaggery to your doorstep via our online partners such as Amazon, Paytm and Flipkart. We recommend using such healthy mixtures as your everyday snacks with your morning Milk or evening Tea.