Gurer Narkel Naru Recipe
India celebrates Navratri/Durga Puja with all faith and energy but none matches the grandness of Durga Puja festival of West Bengal in India. This year’s Covid-19 pandemic may have halted the grand street show of this festival but there is no drop in the enthusiasm of Bengalis for Durga Puja. We think that even you shouldn’t be disheartened if you are not able to see any Pandals nearby your area because we have got a special Navratri recipe for you. Gurer Narkel Naru means ‘Gur Aur Nariyal Ka Laddu’ in Hindi and holds a special place in Bengali Sweet Recipes. Due to its rich taste and healthy ingredients like Coconut and Jaggery, this sweet holds a special place in traditional Bengali festivals like Laxmi Puja & Durga Puja. What are we waiting for? Let’s begin with the delectable Gurer Narkel Naru.
Time & Type:-
- Meal Type: Dessert
- Preparation Time: 60 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Scraped Coconut of 2 Medium size Coconuts
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Khoya – 1/3 cup
- Take a non-stick pan, add the scraped coconut, Jaggery/Gur, sugar altogether and mix all the ingredients using your hand.
- Now place the pan on low heat. Stir it to check that it is not burning. Cook this on low flame so that you will know that it is slowly forming a mass.
- If you want to make it sticky and love the deep brownish hue then add two to three tablespoon Jaggery more. It’s important to adjust the quantity of Jaggery as per your taste.
- Keep cooking on low flame till all the Jaggery melts and is well mixed into the coconut. When the mixture starts looking little sticky. Add the khoya and mix with it.
- Now turn off the heat when you see forming of small lumps in the mixture. Remove the mixture immediately from the non-stick pan and spread it out on a plate.
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut mix and roll into a ball. The Naru has to be formed while the mix is still warm, almost hot (be cautious). You must give the warm mixture a desired shape because if the mixture cools down you will not be able to give it shape.
- Now, make the rest of the Naru and let them cool down completely. Your “Gurer Naru” is ready to serve.
Narkel Naru flavoured with Jaggery can be delicious and healthy at the same time. All you need is fresh coconut and pure Jaggery to add that special taste to your special Navratri sweet. You are most welcome to add different flavours to your Gur aur Nariyal ka Laddu using amazingly flavoured Jaggery by Bebe Foods. We deliver all over India through our various online delivery partners like Amazon, Flipkart, BigBasket & Paytm. We think Cardamom Jaggery and Fennel Jaggery by Bebe Foods can add a distinct taste to your Naru. If feeling experimental with your sweet this Navratri, do try this.