Role of Jaggery in Lungs cleansing
The air we all breathe today can give some of the irrevocable and chronic diseases. What are the options we are left with to deal with such situations? Well! Can you recall those days in your childhood when your house elders took a bite of jaggery, significantly during winters to restrain cravings for sugar? You might not be knowing that a bite of jaggery not only satisfy their sweet cravings but also provide some other benefits. Jaggery is popularly known because of several health benefits. Day by day, pollution is increasing and is becoming worse, and because of this, you are prone to several breathing problems like asthma, bronchitis, chronic wheezing, etc. Not only pollution but also other things in the atmosphere like pollen grains, fiber, and hay also causes breathing issues. The air that you are inhaling through the air passage becomes the path for different kinds of allergens and viruses to enter your lungs, thereby causing some breathing disorders. Most of these diseases recur, and they become chronic with time. Although you cannot cure it entirely, you can control it and manage it by taking some measures. Jaggery is believed to be one such action to curb those respiratory diseases. Jaggery is made from sugarcane juice by heating it to form crystals. It is considered one of the healthier choices compared with white sugar. It is because of the large number of phytochemicals and minerals present in the jaggery. It is one of the best healers for cleaning your lungs and a natural healer for those who have asthma, bronchitis, wheezing, and allergies.
You must be wondering how jaggery helps your lungs
Lungs have an in-built pollution filter known as cilia that helps sweep out the mucous and dirt from the lungs, but they cannot deal with the carbon pollution found abundantly in the air nowadays. But jaggery can keep your lungs clean and healthy.
- The anti-allergic properties help in detoxing and relaxing the respiratory muscles. It also clears the body toxins and excess amount of mucus from your lungs. A small piece of jaggery after your meals will surely boost your health at any time of your day. People suffering from lingering respiratory diseases often suffer from worn-out strength, loss of immunity, along with a weak digestive system.
- Jaggery is rich in minerals like potassium, calcium, zinc, sodium, phosphorus, and others that contribute to overall good health. Magnesium helps strengthen the bronchial muscles and regularizes asthmatic peoples breathing. Jaggery is rich in iron that enhances your blood circulation and gives a boost to your respiratory system.
- Enhances your immunity: Jaggery consists of many antioxidants that help eliminate the free radicals from your body. It increases resistance against a lot of infections.
- Enhances your digestion process: When you eat jaggery regularly, it helps heal your digestive issues by activating your body’s digestive enzymes.
- Jaggery provides you with instant energy as it is rich in iron. Iron increases the amount of haemoglobin in your blood, enhancing the oxygen-carrying ability of your blood. With these, you can quickly get rid of some of the dire effects of pollution.
Thus, we can see how eating jaggery every day can help combat respiratory problems. Several pieces of research have also proved that they help in tackling carbon pollution. But it is recommended to take it in a limited amount like 2-4 grams per day to curb the intake of sugar. So, there was a reason your grandparents included jaggery after meals, especially in winters when people mostly suffer from respiratory problems. Go ahead and take in jaggery in your daily diet. There is a reason your grandparents eat jaggery after dinner every night, especially in winters. So, go ahead, include jaggery in your daily routine as a dessert after lunch, breakfast, or even dinner. Thinking about how to include it in your diet? You can have it in your diet following ways:
- Mustard oil mix with jaggery
- Jaggery mixed with ghee and long pepper.
- Jaggery with sesame seeds.
So, have jaggery and live a life free from respiratory problems! For buying one of the best qualities of Jaggery products, contact Bebe Foods. We have many loyal customers who buy our jaggery regularly and keep themselves and their family healthy.